All groups are asked to list their reports (incl. videos and pictures), that took place today, inside here!
Planned actions for today (as far as I know):
- Germany (Marburg): "global flashmob" with pupils and students; "open forum" during the evening after the flashmob
- Germany (Münster): "global flashmob", various actions during the academic senate assembly and public camping with programme
- Germany (Oldenburg): "global flashmob" (more details here)
- Denmark (Copenhagen): "global flashmob"; occupation of the university's administration buildung
- U.S. of A. (New York): Students at the City College of New York
will walk out of class at 2 pm in protest
against budget cuts and tuition increases and in commemoration of the
1969 student strike. The 1969 strike lead to the open admissions
policy, which changed CUNY from an elite public university to a
university that served the entire population of the City of New York.
Within five years, CUNY was awarding more degrees to people of color
than any other university system in the US.
- U.S. of A. (Vermont): Sit-in at the University of Vermont
(UVM) student center (if the administration still refuses to negotiate
by April 20th) in protest of budget cuts, layoffs and administrative
mismanagement beginning on today until the university reverses its
cuts and reinstates laied off faculty and staff.
- France (Lyon): Activists at the University of Lyon
will organize a game involving parents and children at some central
place. It will help to deliver knowledge about education around
the world. + "global flashmob"
- Finland: Week of Action across Finland. The program is visible on the website: http://www.unelmienyliopisto.net